Sunday, April 21, 2013

Jack


We have a three year old in the house now. Hopefully we can finally leave behind the terrible two’s now? To celebrate, I made a cake to share with some friends that we had over.  
 
I have to say I think it is pretty awesome, probably the best cake I've done. We are so grateful for the gifts he was given as well. 

 I didn't get a pictures of this constructed yet, but I will soon. He likes it. 
Juliet likes to look at his toys too. Jack took a little birthday stumble and skinned both knees; thank goodness for the veggie tales band-aides to make it better.

Other news is potty training. He got pee down no problem. Night training took a week and now he stays dry all night. But our issue has been poop. It’s been about three months now and he just goes in his underwear. I'm tired of it.

Candid potty shot- I love it.

This was our potty boot camp day where I confined us to one room. Juliet liked the potty shows too. 

One of our Christmas gifts from our anonymous donor were some passes to our local pool. Jack and I finally went one Saturday while Chris stayed home with Juliet. It took Jack a while to get in the water, but once he got in he loved it. They have a pretty large shallow area so he was able to walk all over.


In the end of March we had a random snowstorm, with some good snow finally. I had been wanting to make a snowman with Jack all winter but the snow we got before was all too cold and wouldn't pack. So this last snow was our chance, but Jack was more interested in throwing snowballs at it. Then two weeks later we had a little heat wave where it got up to the nineties and we didn't know what to think. 


Summer clothes!

He is definitely a boy. Right now his favorite games are his cars and playing swords, which are kitchen utensils, and running around ‘crashing’ things. He is a champ at making up names for things. He loves singing songs and making his hands dance. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I CANNOT believe you made that cake. I mean, I knew you were talented... but seriously!? wow. good work! I took one cake decorating class (I think because I was inspired by you and Carolyn), and all of my creations look like a 4-year old frosted them. haha!

    ReplyDelete